Monday, August 19, 2013

Jade. Dwarf Jade Too.

Here are some cuttings I've got from neighbor's Jade (Crassula Ovata).  Oh, I did get permission to get those.   I let cuttings dry for few days.  Today I tossed cuttings and the leaves I removed from them into small pots with the same growth media I use for all plants.  I used bamboo skewers to fix the cuttings in vertical position.  I also watered the pots.  Let's see what happens - I will give an update in a couple of months.
Dwarf Jade (Portulacaria afra) sounds even more interesting!  Faster growth while being more robust!  And a common bonsai for beginners!  I ordered myself one.
I think both should look good in the cubicle.  Can they handle low light?  I doubt it.  Before I forgot, here are few links to cubicle plants:  10 Air Purifying Plants For Homes & Offices, How to Grow Your Own Fresh Air.


No comments:

Post a Comment