Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lessons Learned - Planters and Plant Stands

My balconies are made of wood.  And there are neighbors under.  Therefore I do not like the idea of having pots on the balcony floor.  Its makes hard to keep floors clean and neighbors would not appreciate water dripping from their balcony ceiling.
Therefore pots need saucers.  And stands.  So that I can use a leaf blower to clean the balcony in seconds.  Oh! And the saucers should come with drainage for water runoff.  Outside the balcony.  I still have not found yet an ideal combination of planter/saucer/water drain. 
Therefore I am trying to build one!

Here are my thoughts:
  • I want to use as few stands as possible.  Stand per planter makes my balcony too cluttered.  Therefore the stand should be as large as possible to house as many plants as possible.
  • Stand should be moveable;
  • It should be relatively cheap ;
  • I will attach to this stand trays to collect runoff water and to drain it out of the balcony - details to come later.
Am I the only one facing this problem?
Oh, and yet another observation.  I realized I do not like square planters!

No comments:

Post a Comment